Creating an Account
To create an account for contributing to the site, please contact Mariam Morshedi, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal Information Provided
You will be asked to provide your name, email address and motivation for contributing to the site. You will select a user name of your choice and password. Your username does not have to be your real name. If you use your real name, please be aware that your contributions will be publicly marked with your real name. Your email address will be kept confidential. Subscript will not sell, rent or use your email address for advertising of third party products or services. Subscript may use your email address to contact you to get feedback for the site or to request your assistance on improving the site, in which case you will be offered the choice to opt out of further email communications. Otherwise, Subscript only will use your email address to direct to you specific information about your account.
Collection of Information
- Personal information that you provide when you create an account. This information will be held even in the case that you delete your account, so that we may associate the content you provided. The content you provide will be publicly displayed through only your user name.
Sharing of Information
Subscript does not intend to share your information, except in the following instances:
- You give us permission. Your permission will be asked explicitly in an email or other direct communication.
- Legal Necessity. If Subscript is required by law to produce user information (for example, in the case of a valid and enforcebale warrant, subpoena, court order, adjudicatory order, law, or regulation), Subscript will, if possible (if permitted by law and time restraints), provide you at least 10 calendar days of advance notice.
- To protect Subscript, the site, users or the public. Subscript may have cause to reveal collected information in the case that a user or other actor has caused or is at risk of causing harm to the site, Subscript itself, the public or other users. Although this is unlikely, Subscript may reveal personal information if Subscript believes it is reasonably necessary to prevent imminent and serious bodily harm or death to a person or to protect Subscript, employees, contractors, users, or the public. Subscript may also disclose your personal information if Subscript reasonably believes it necessary to detect, prevent, or otherwise assess and address potential spam, malware, fraud, abuse, unlawful activity, and security or technical concerns.
- To our service providers. Subscript often contracts with third parties for operational purposes, in which case Subscript may give them access to networks containing account or other information. Subscript will require that those parties use the confidential information only to the extent necessary to perform the services for which they are contracted.
Further Use of Content
- Freedom to Use, Copy and Share. You may use, copy, and distribute content from Subscript.org, provided that any improvement or distribution of the content will also be free (i.e. not be restricted in ownership). Proper distribution of content from Subscript.org requires the distributor to attach these terms of free use to the distribution.